Monday, May 11, 2009

Ahhhh.... Mondays!

Greetings one and all... may today find you blessed and enjoying life.

It's Monday again, and another busy week. I am reminded of the old proverb about taking time to stop and smell the flowers, and May is certainly the month to do just that.

I didn't get to post last week, so congratulations to the Prengers on the dedication of Charlie Mike. And more congrats to the Hernandez' on the baptism of Paul. And while we are at it, I had the privilege of baptizing my youngest son, Joel. A great week it was.

But today finds me headed to St Louis, our cross-state rival city, where I have meetings scheduled for today. Today's post might be a little short.

Yesterday was Mothers Day, so to all the mother's in our lives, I pray that yesterday was blessed and that you feel our love throughout the year.

I can't get a certain verse out of my head...

Titus 2:13
13 Looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,
NKJV

I like this verse... He is our blessed hope. All of the problems with dear old Mother Earth end with the appearing, the return, of Jesus. Paul would write that all of creation groans waiting for the day of release. There are a lot of problems, some man-made, some given by nature, some seem to spring up out of no where. But when Jesus returns all of those things end.

I like this verse... because He is our great God and Savior. It states in one verse that Jesus is not only savior, the One who went to the cross, but He is also God, the Great God. When you say "God", you imply certain things. Creative ability, miraculous power, universe-controlling... you get the idea. God is big. Jesus is that Great big God in the flesh of a man, and He took that flesh to a cross to pay for my sins, and your sins. And Paul tell Titus that same God, with all of that love and power, is going to return.

While I don't know the day that He will return, I know that He will return. It might even be on a Monday.

I pray that this week finds you incredibly blessed.

Pastor Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment